Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Working In The Studio On The 2nd Album

I know I should probably be sleeping right now but right now sleep can wait. I wanted to check in with all of you and tell you a little bit about some of my latest adventures. I was in the studio tonight laying down a new song that I wrote I came up with the melody and the lyrics and then I sent it down to Block Cheddar to do the production for it. For some reason I was feeling very creative today so I kept my mini recorder close to me. I write down lyrics on my iphone as well which I find very helpful especially when your on the run. I'm old school though because I then rewrite them out and save them as a separate file just in case I loose the other.

I have been listening to a lot of pop, rnb and soul lately re wirering my mind and giving myself a new perspective on music. I love listening to other peoples music and getting new ideas for new songs from that. Thats not the only way that I get inspiration to write songs but it is one of them. I will listen to what they are saying and I will think of new themes or spin offs of the subject. It is amazing how many songs are written about love and loss but somehow they never get old. The trick is being sincere with your listeners and putting a creative spin to it.

I was in the studio with Niamaj tonight a dope rapper and producer. I am pacing myself to complete this album by the time summer hits. I always like to write a ton of songs and then from there narrow down the songs to one album so that I have plenty to choose from. I can't wait to share it with you! I'm hoping that I can get an EP out as well this year. Ideally i'd love to get my second album out as well as a couple other projects we'll see how far I can go this year! OOT OOT!

No comments: